Instruction for playing helicopter
Basic knowledge before play
- Pull down the throttle stick before crash to protect your helicopter.
- Check your helicopter before each flight.
- Don't always use up the LiPo battery in the helicopter, charge the battery when the voltage is about 3.7V or the output of the helicopter is decreased obviously
- Keep your pets properly before playing helicopter
- Player should keep a suitable distance with the helicopter, especially the distance between the player and main blades; there should be around 10 times of its blade length.
- Children should play with your parents, Parents should teach your children how to play helicopter safely.
- Have a durable helicopter
Put down your throttle stick to let the small helicopter drop on the floor before crash to protect your helicopter. Switch off the main motor immediately when the helicopter is already on the floor.
- Start to Play! (Start-up procedure)
To start up, you should switch on the transmitter first and then the helicopter. (For most of the RC helicopter) But for Walkera helicopters, you need to switch on the helicopter first, because for each start-up Walkera helicopters also proceed the frequency matching procedure.
- Protect yourself after play
After a flight, you should switch off / disconnect the battery of the helicopter first before switch off the transmitter to avoid the helicopter may loss control. If you don’t plan to play within a short time, please put away the battery from the helicopter for safe.
- Keep your battery in the best performance!
It is danger if you don’t keep LiPo battery well. There are some methods to keep your LiPo battery well:
- Voltage of your battery should not stay higher or lower than its operation voltage in long time. (i.e. 3.0V – 4.2V@ cell) If the battery is not in use on long time, you can help your battery go into sleeping mode. (i.e. ~3.8V@cell) You can play around 2-3 minutes after the battery charged fully if you don’t have any device to discharge or check the voltage of each cell of battery.
- For the battery over 1 cell, you should use balance charger to charge that battery in order to prevent any independent cell of battery over 4.2V.
You should check if there are any screws or parts on the helicopter is installed properly before each flight, especially for the first three flight of a new helicopter or helicopters just repaired.
- In case 6 channel RC helicopters is danger, if you were beginner of playing helicopter, you can train yourself first by playing 4 channel helicopters.
- Don’t look at the main blades or tail blades directly when you testing the helicopter, because any loosen parts on the helicopter may shoot at a very high speed. Also don’t keep any other weak point of human at the same level with the blades.
- Don’t set-up the main blades pitch or main rotor speed yourself if you not really understand how to do so. You can contact us if you have any trouble while setting up your helicopter.
Common question from beginner
Q: Can I install a camera on the helicopter?
A: You can install camera (for helicopter) on some bigger helicopter such as 450 helicopters.
Q: Which transmitter stick mode (mode1/ mode2) is the best?
A: Mode 2 is recommended, because the control concept of mode 2 is very near to real helicopter. In case, elevator and aileron action should not control by different control handle.
Q: My helicopter is easy to broken after crash, what can I do?
A: In fact, helicopter is easy to broken, although it fly on the sky. Beginner should not fly you helicopter so high, landing skid can save your helicopter while the helicopter only fall from 2m height. However, you can buy some training skids which provide a better protecting effect.
Q: Can I play RC helicopter in rainy day?
A: Of course not. Because ESC can not exposure under water. ESC will blowout and the helicopter will catch fire after that.
Q: Where can I find some helicopters which can fly longer?
A: In fact, 10 minutes is the limit for all helicopters to fly on sky. You can prepare more than one battery to have a longer playing time.
Q: Are helicopters danger?
A: For 450 helicopters, diameter of main blade is 67cm = 0.67 m. Main rotor speed is about 3000rpm X 60 mins X Pi 3.14 = the outer speed of main blades 378.6 kmh.
Which faster than a top class Ferrari, so helicopters are very danger. However, playing helicopters is safe while you take a little attention on it. Besides, small helicopter is less powerful so dangerous level is limited, please feel relax to play helicopters.
Close this window.